Saturday, February 22, 2014

Reflections

This is not my first experience blogging for a class. While working on my MLIS one of the criteria for various  children's and young adult literature classes was reading a certain number of books in various categories and then reviewing them. A blog is a great format for this type of assignment. The criterion for each class was a bit different, but in essence the experience was the same. EDCO 390 is my first experience just writing and not reviewing. I have really enjoyed the experience and am considering maintaining a blog as a teacher-librarian.
The most time consuming aspect of this assignment was setting up my references, it is also my least favorite part. I can see students in middle and high school using a blog to comment on classroom readings and discussions. Students who do not have strong writing skills will have a hard time with an ongoing blog assignment. Depending on the situation an alternate assignment could be made or the original adjusted.  Blogs are also a great professional development tool for teachers to feel connected to other educators and to stay current with educational trends. Blogging is an Internet tool that connects us as a profession. We are fortunate to live in an age where information is so freely available and accessible.


No comments:

Post a Comment